Saturday, April 20, 2013

Building a Sonex Airplane Serial #1612 4/20/13

Hello,

I'm starting on two projects that I never done before blogging and building an airplane.

I've wanted to fly since I was a little kid playing baseball watching Navel trainers doing touch-n-goes at the airfield we shared. You can see the little league baseball diamonds in the photo.  My eyes were always in the sky.

My dream of flying came true on July 1, 2011 when passed my check ride. I'm shaking hands with the FAA examiner Ron Albertson and next to me is my good friend and flight instructor Steve Swab.

The plane I'm building is a Sonex single engine two place (seats) airplane serial #1612.  I'm fortunate that there have been several built in the Kansas City area so I have a lot of technical support. 
Sonex Home Page
Sonex Workshop Photo I'm on the right

I got hooked on a Sonex when my friend Bob Mika gave me a ride in the Sonex he built. 
 
This is what my plane will look like when I get done. The only difference I won't have the nose wheel mine will be a taildragger configuration.  

Thanks for visiting my post. 

1 comment:

  1. “I've wanted to fly since I was a little kid...” - I hear you. Being up there is definitely amazing! Seeing the wide expanse of sky and the ground below is so thrilling. Good thing my brother and I were of the same mind on getting the RV-12! Anyway, how's the plane-building coming along? Sonex is a great model. From what I gather, the ultimate maximum ramp appeal of Sonex is what attracts the eye of plane aficionados. Their WAIEX model is also something worth looking into.

    Jeanette@ZoAir.com

    ReplyDelete